Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blog #5


I find this quite interesting. I had actually never tried a test like this one, mostly because I've never been into politics. But either way, Overall I think that it did do a very good job at placing me in the correct quadrant. According to the chart, being all the way to the left means you want a totally controlled economy. I do think that the economy should be controlled by government, however, I do think there should be private ownership. When it comes to being authoritarian or libertarian, I am a libertarian. I do believe in the value of the individual and having free choice of certain things. So, according to other charts I have view points in between Gandhi and the Dalai Lama.

I would identify myself as a Democrat, which I believe is what the test points out as well. I do agree with high government involvement when it comes to solving social problems, and low government involvement in ones private lives. I completely agree with all democrats are doing to increase national security (does not mean I agree with the war!!) I also agree with ending discrimination with regards to same sex marriage. More than anything though I do believe that the government should regulate some form of Health Care for all, as well as social security (even though a new idea is definitely needed) However, there are a few things that I agree on with the Republicans. These include there point of view with sex and abortion. Maybe it was because of the way I was raised that I have these view points. As Mexicans we value our virginity more than anything. Even though our generation has completely thrown this value out the window, I still stand right next to it. I was learned to value abstinence and not having sex until marriage. As well as being Pro-Life. We belief that no baby or fetus or what ever you want to call it, has the right to live. The baby is not at fault for the way one gets pregnant therefore should always have the chance to live. I strongly support adoption instead.

I think its HILARIOUS the way that the republicans have there website. I feel like the first impression is just targeting the democrats and showing the negative side of their views instead of promoting the views of themselves as Republicans. It seems like their website is on consturction so this could be a problem. I had a bit of dificulty understanding there point of views and the wording on there website. They just seem so negative and not progressing.... they need to come up with new strategies to pump up there game! However, like I said there are a few things I agree with them when it comes to abortion and sex before marriage and being against divorce to put an example on our children to come.

On the other hand, the Democrats go straight into their business with Obama and the biggest news at the moment, Sonia Sotomayor. I actually loved their website. It is very easy to follow and easy to read, it is very positive and gets there point straight accross. I love the fact I can understand what they're saying without looking up every other word. I did find it kind of scary that they are trying to expand democracy alllllll over the United States and getting a democractic group in every precinc!! It's kind of scary if you ask me! Because like we had talked about in class, you need 2 different groups to get things done. Argueing is key!

No comments:

Post a Comment